Riverlife’s Party at the Pier: Haute on The Highline, presented by PNC is this Saturday, August 28
We can’t wait to celebrate with everyone! If you are attending, please take a moment to read through the important details below. Haven’t bought your tickets yet? There’s still time to secure your spot at Pittsburgh’s Haute-est event of the year. Purchase tickets now at partyatthepier.com.
Step 1: Check your tickets and arrival time
VIP and Sponsor Reception: 6:30-7:30 pm
The Main Event: 7:30-11:00 pm
Check your inbox for an email from Riverlife/GiveButter with the subject line “Your ticket to Riverlife’s Party at the Pier: Haute on the Highline.”
Your ticket(s) are attached to that email. Your arrival time is shown under the words “Your Ticket” below the QR code on the attachment. Please be prepared to show the QR code when you arrive.
Every guest must have a ticket to be admitted to the party and all guests must be 21+ with proof of ID. Unfortunately we are not able to sell tickets on-site the night of the event.
Step 2: Read our health and safety guidelines
Riverlife is committed to a fun and safe event that follows CDC recommendations. We require that all guests follow these guidelines:
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19, are waiting for COVID-19 test results, are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, or have had close contact with a person who has tested positive for or who has symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home. We’ll look forward to celebrating with you another time!
- The majority of our event takes place outside on The Highline’s elevated park and lower plaza. That’s over an acre of outdoor open space to spread out and enjoy! However, some guests may encounter indoor areas when using the parking garage, elevators, and restrooms. The CDC recommends that everyone, regardless of vaccination status, wear a mask indoors in public if they are in an area of high transmission. Though your time indoors at The Highline may be brief, please bring a mask just in case.
- Party at the Pier happens rain or shine. Due to the outdoor setting, you may want to bring an umbrella or raincoat if the forecast calls for precipitation.
Step 3: Determine your arrival point.
The Highline is a large property with multiple levels and entrances. Please note as of 8/25, Third Street is closed due to construction. In order to ensure a smooth arrival, you’ll want to determine your arrival point from the options below based on your ticket category.
For Guests using Valet Parking (VIP and Full-Priced General Admission Tickets only):
- Valet drop-off is located inside The Highline’s parking garage on the lower level of the complex at 339 McKean Street between 3rd and 4th Streets (see above left photo). Self-parking is not available in the garage during the event.
- Show your Party at the Pier ticket to the valet attendant. Once you have left your vehicle with the attendant, look for the elevator entrance near the big orange wall (see above right photo). Take the elevators up to the lobby and exit through the lobby doors to the elevated park for registration.
- Alternatively, you may exit the parking garage directly to the outdoor lower plaza through the door on the north side of the garage marked with a cluster of balloons.
- In line with CDC recommendations, please bring a mask to wear while using indoor areas in the garage and elevators. Masking is not required in outdoor areas.
- At the end of the evening, you may access the parking garage by using the West Lobby elevators or by entering through one of the green doors located on the lower riverfront plaza level.
For guests using Ride Share Dropoff (Uber, Lyft, etc.):
- Use “E. Carson Street and Terminal Way” as your destination in your Ride Share app (not “The Highline,” as that will take you to the lower parking garage entrance on McKean). Your driver can pull into the Highline’s Ride Share Drop-off Lot on the north side of Carson Street next to the black and white Highline mural (see above map).
- Proceed to the pedestrian entrance at Carson Street and Terminal Way (see above photo).
If you’re coming via Bicycle/Trail:
- The Highline is located via the Three Rivers Heritage Trail near the intersection of Fourth Street. Please use caution at the railroad crossing between the trail and The Highline complex.
If you’re using Public Transit:
- The Highline is located about a half mile from the Station Square T (light rail) stop. Once you get off at the Station Square stop, cross E. Carson Street to the downtown side and turn right (east). Look for The Highline banners marking the pedestrian entrance to the complex off of Carson Street and Terminal Way.
- Port Authority bus lines 48 and 51 stop directly at The Highline at the East Carson and Terminal Way pedestrian entrance.
Step 4: Have a great time while supporting a great cause!
We can’t thank you enough for being a part of Riverlife’s work to create, activate, and celebrate Pittsburgh’s riverfronts!
For more information on Riverlife and our work to complete Pittsburgh’s 15-mile, 1,055-acre loop of downtown riverfront parks, trails, and public open spaces, visit RiverlifePGH.org.
And finally…what to wear.
Personal style has always been a big part of Party at the Pier, and our official guidance for this year’s Haute on The Highline theme is “summer cocktail attire with an elevated twist.”
What does that mean? Well, it’s open to your own creative interpretation! This year we’re predicting we’ll see flashes of urban glam and street style inspired by the original NYC High Line, bright blazers, patterned shirts and ties, flowy dresses, shimmery sequins and liquid metallics, and 90’s haute throwback looks. If you’re stuck, you can’t go wrong with business casual attire appropriate for an outdoor event. Seriously. Anything goes.
Style photos by Sarah Collins / Rose Colored Creative
Photo ops abound at Party at the Pier! Make sure to share your experience, and your love for Pittsburgh’s riverfronts, by tagging @RiverlifePGH, @TheHighlinePGH and #PartyAtThePier on social media.
Building a community vision for Pittsburgh’s riverfronts takes a lot of partners. Big thanks to Riverlife’s 2021 Party at the Pier sponsors (as of 8/25)