One lucky winner will receive a Bold Menswear prize package that includes two VIP tickets to Riverlife’s Party at the Pier on August 23, 2019 at Rivers Casino, valet parking for the event, and one made-to-measure suit and shirt from Surmesur custom menswear.
The contest runs from 8:00 am EST Tuesday, July 16, 2019 until 12:00 pm EST on Tuesday, July 23, 2019. Please note that it will take 3-4 weeks for the Surmesur items to come in. Please visit the Surmesur downtown Pittsburgh store by Saturday, July 27, 2019 in order to get the made-to-measure items in time for Party at the Pier!
To enter, start by liking Riverlife’s Facebook page, then simply answer the question “What’s your favorite downtown Pittsburgh riverfront spot?” in the comments for the Bold Menswear Giveaway post. One winner will be drawn at random from all entries.
Contest Rules and regulations:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS CONTEST IS IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH OR SPONSORED BY FACEBOOK.
- Contest Period: Submissions forRiverlife’s Bold Menswear Contest will begin 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“EST”) on July 16, 2019 and will end at 12:00 p.m. EST on July 23, 2019. Winner will be notified via Facebook direct message by 1:00 pm EST July 23, 2019.
2. Eligibility: The Contest is open to all legal residents of the states of Pennsylvania age 21 and older. Only one prize winner will be chosen. The Bold Menswear prize will be awarded to the owner of the Facebook account used to submit a comment or “like” to the original contest posting drawn at random by Riverlife. Persons using multiple Facebook accounts to submit multiple entries will be disqualified. Employees, officers and directors of Riverlife and Surmesur and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouses) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors are not eligible to enter. The Contest is void in all states outside of Pennsylvania, and where prohibited by law, regulation, statute or other appropriate authority, and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
3. Prize: Of those individualswho submit a comment answering the question “Which spot along Pittsburgh’s downtown riverfronts do you find most beautiful?” and any individuals who “like” the original contest post by using the Facebook “Like” button, one participant will be randomly selected by Riverlife to receive the Bold Menswear prize. Prize winner must redeem the Party at the Pier tickets at the event on Friday, August 23, 2019, and must redeem the Suremesur made-to-measure prize by December 31, 2019. Please note that it will take 3-4 weeks for the Surmesur items to come in. In order to have items by Party at the Pier on August 23, 2019, winner must submit an order at Surmesur (downtown Pittsburgh location) by Saturday, July 27, 2019.
- Prize Value Breakdown:Two (2) VIP tickets to Riverlife’s Party at the Pier: Bold Paradise, valet parking included: $500 (face value)
One (1) gift card from Surmesur, retail value $850
Total Estimated Cost for this Contest: $1350
4. Prize Restrictions: Prizes are non-transferable and prize winner must redeem the Party at the Pier tickets at the event on Friday, August 23, 2019. VIP reception begins at 6:30 pm. No substitutions or cash redemptions. In the case of unavailability of prize, Riverlife reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
5. How to Participate During the Contest Period, a contestant (“You”) may submit your answer to the contest question ““What’s your favorite downtown Pittsburgh riverfront spot?” via a Facebook comment to the original contest posting OR “like” the original contest posting by using the Facebook “like” button; if submitting a comment the comment must meet the following requirements:
(A) Comment Submission Requirements
- Comment must answer the question “What’s your favorite downtown Pittsburgh riverfront spot?”
- Once your name is submitted it is considered final and may not be modified or edited by you.
- Contestant must like Riverlife Pittsburgh (www.facebook.com/riverlifepgh) on Facebook to enter.
- Contestant must have a public Facebook account during the time of the contest to enter (in order for Riverlife to direct message).
- Contestant must comply with all applicable Facebook Rules, which can be reviewed here – https://www.facebook.com/page_guidelines.php
You agree that you shall not submit any comment that contains (i) disparaging or obscene language that is injurious to another party and/or may damage another party’s reputation. You further agree that you own all rights to the name and are not violating the trademark, tradename or copyrights of anyone else. You acknowledge that Riverlife expressly conditions its acceptance of your submission on your agreement of the preceding requirements, and if it is discovered that you have violated such agreement, Riverlife reserves the right to disqualify your submission.
Each contestant (person) may submit only ONE name. Multiple entries will be disqualified. All who enter must be 21 years or older.
6. Winner Selection and Notification:
The Bold Menswear prize will be awarded to the owner of the Facebook account used to submit a comment or “like” to the original contest posting drawn at random by Riverlife. The contest winner will be notified by direct Facebook message by 1:00 pm EST July 23, 2019. The winner will also be announced via Riverlife’s Facebook page later that week.
If the contest winner fails to claim a prize within 48 hours of receipt of notification of winning, is ineligible, cannot be notified, or is disqualified, an alternate winner will be selected.
Winner may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility and sign a release as a condition of receiving any prize.
7. Grant of Rights: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Contest and regardless of whether you are a winner, you grant Riverlife, its subsidiaries, affiliates, and licensees an exclusive, irrevocable license to use, alter adapt, publish, distribute, copy, exhibit, display, market, promote, advertise, publicize and otherwise exploit your name, signature, likeness, photograph(s), as well as additional photographs, video footage or other images that Riverlife may take of you if you are the winner, in whole or in part, in any manner and for whatever purpose Riverlife shall elect, in any and all media now known or hereinafter developed, including but not limited to the Riverlife websites, other websites, newsletters – electronic or printed, press releases, social media sites, television, radio and/or printed materials, worldwide in perpetuity, without further compensation, notification or permission. You shall not claim or be entitled to receive any compensation or credit for such use.
8. Release: You hereby release and discharge Riverlife and each of its respective employees, agents, licensees, successors and assigns (“Riverlife Parties”) from any and all claims, liabilities, demands or causes of actions that it may have or may from now on for libel, defamation, invasion of privacy or right of publicity, infringement of copyright or trademark, or violation of any other right arising out of or relating to any utilization of the rights granted under this agreement.
9. Conditions: All federal, state and other taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. By participating, entrants, and winners and their guest agree to release and hold harmless Riverlife and their respective successors and assigns from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Contest-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Riverlife is not responsible if Contest or Prize Event (“Party at the Pier: Bold Paradise”) cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism. Participants who do not comply with these Official Rules, attempt to interfere with this Contest or act in an inappropriate or disruptive manner in any way shall be disqualified. There is no purchase necessary to participate. A purchase does not increase odds of winning.
10. Additional Terms: Riverlife is not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, including any Facebook malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability for you to enter a submission to the Contest, including any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading any materials in this Contest. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized Facebook account holder of submission.
Riverlife reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Contest should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. Riverlife reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the operation of the Contest or web site. Riverlife may prohibit a participant from participating in the Contest if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Riverlife Parties.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, Riverlife reserves the right to make all decisions in its sole discretion arising out of or relating to the Contest, and the decisions by Riverlife are final and binding on all matters relating to the Contest. Except where prohibited, you agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of California; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) notwithstanding the foregoing, you waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Riverlife in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. By participating in the Contest, you agree that Pittsburgh, PA will be the exclusive forum for any formal dispute resolution.
12. Riverlife: Riverlife, 707 Grant Street #3500, Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15219. For the name of the winners, or to submit any other questions or comments relating to the Contest, email firstname.lastname@example.org.