Program Coordinator: Riverlife (Pittsburgh, PA)
Since 1999, Riverlife has worked to create, activate, and celebrate Pittsburgh’s riverfronts. A nonprofit leader in building a community vision for Pittsburgh’s riverfronts, Riverlife has overseen a $150 million investment in the city’s waterfront transformation, catalyzing $5 billion in related economic development, arts and culture, and ecological sustainability on or adjacent to the city’s riverbanks. Riverlife centers its work on the belief that the riverfronts belong to everyone, and world-class riverfront experiences can be created for all using community-driven, equitable development and high-quality, regenerative design. Riverlife is an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce. Qualified individuals who bring diverse perspectives and represent marginalized communities are especially encouraged to apply. Learn more at RiverlifePGH.org.
Job Description & Candidate Profile:
The Program Coordinator is a key member of the Communications Department, and instrumental to the continued implementation of Riverlife’s vision of riverfronts that belong to everyone. They will oversee Riverlife-led riverfront activation programming and placemaking initiatives, assist in communications and promotion of these initiatives, partner on programming and events led by Riverlife’s Projects & Development teams, and support partner-led riverfront programs. This is a full-time, exempt position reporting to the Director of Communications.
- Develop and implement Riverlife-led activation programs and placemaking initiatives, including annual and pop-up events, health and wellness programs, public art initiatives, temporary park improvements, and other programs to advance Riverlife’s mission.
- Work with key staff to plan and implement programming to celebrate Riverlife’s 25th anniversary.
- Work with the Director of Communications and key staff to develop and implement digital communications strategies to elevate awareness of mission-driven activations, including email newsletter and social media strategies.
- Develop and implement systems and relationships surrounding selecting and managing vendors, managing program and event budgets and timelines, coordinating site logistics and providing day of staff support for programming.
- Utilize these systems to support programming and events led by Riverlife’s Projects and Development teams, as needed.
- Support partner-led riverfront events and public programming, and represent Riverlife at partner-led events.
- Conduct regular program evaluation and reporting.
- Work with key staff to develop and maintain a regular calendar of riverfront events
- Attend required staff, committee and board meetings; assist with the taking of minutes, preparing of reports, and setting of agendas.
- Assist other staff members with day-to-day office administration.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Click the bar below for more information.
Education, Experience & Abilities:
- Minimum three (3) years of professional experience with public programs, placemaking initiatives, or special events. Experience with social media and email platforms a plus.
- Passion for Riverlife’s mission and Pittsburgh’s riverfronts, trails, and open spaces.
- Demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong project management and organizational skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment concerning planning and project challenges and budget decisions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain relationships with a broad and diverse constituency.
- Positive and professional attitude; strong work ethic and resilient spirit.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a small, non-profit environment.
- Flexibility to attend work programs and events on evenings and weekends as needed, and to travel occasionally for work-related meetings, trainings and conferences. Reliable transportation a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and project management applications. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and Canva a plus.
Salary & Benefits:
This is a full-time, exempt position reporting to the Director of Communications. Riverlife seeks to be an employer of choice, and offers the following salary & benefits:
- $48,000-$54,000 annual salary range
- 21 days PTO per year
- 13 paid holidays, including 3 floating holidays + a weeklong offices closure in December
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employee and family
- Retirement savings plan with an employer match
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Life insurance
- Professional development funds
- Flexible hybrid work environment
How to apply:
Applications accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume through the online application form.
We ask applicants to complete this voluntary, anonymous demographics survey to help us improve our efforts to recruit, hire, retain, and support a diverse workforce. https://forms.gle/pAvjx5sVSeaVfUgb9
Riverlife is an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce. Qualified individuals who bring diverse perspectives and represent marginalized communities are especially encouraged to apply.