February 6, 2017
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Stephan Bontrager, Riverlife
(p) 412.258.6636 x 105
PITTSBURGH –Riverlife, the nonprofit organization working to reclaim, restore and promote Pittsburgh’s riverfronts, is pleased to announce the election of new board leaders and the promotion of senior staff. [Related: About Us]
Margaret McCormick Barron was elected as chair of the Riverlife board of directors. McCormick Barron is a government relations and public affairs consultant. She has previously worked as Executive Vice President of External Affairs at West Penn Allegheny Health System, Director of Communications and Intergovernmental Affairs under former Mayor Tom Murphy and Director of Government Affairs, Carnegie Mellon University.
New members joining the board of directors for a three-year term include:
- Diana Bucco, President, The Buhl Foundation
- Cindy Donohoe, Senior Vice President, Marketing, Highmark Health
- Kamal Nigam, Engineering Director, Google Pittsburgh
- Paul H. O’Neill, Jr., Managing Member, O’Neill Alpha Fund
- Grant Oliphant, President, The Heinz Endowments
- Sam Reiman, Associate Director, Richard King Mellon Foundation
Riverlife President and CEO Vivien Li also announced the promotion of Rhonda Madden to Vice President, Strategic Initiatives. Madden joined Riverlife in 2012 as Chief Development Officer.
Riverlife (formerly Riverlife Task Force) is a public-private partnership established in 1999 to guide and advocate for the redevelopment of Pittsburgh’s riverfronts. Riverlife works to reconnect Pittsburgh with its rivers by bringing recreation, ecological restoration and economic opportunity back to our waterfronts. www.riverlifegh.org